Thursday, December 31, 2009

Puttin' my money where my mouth is, inviting you to do the same

I am not real familiar with this story, having heard about it only last week, and I haven't really researched it much. It was brought to my attention again on Red State:

http://biggovernment.com/2009/12/31/democrats-officially-kill-successful-dc-voucher-program/


I find it hard to imagine what possible reason there could be for not continuing this program. The answer I see most is that the teacher's unions are complaining, and since that is always what kills voucher programs here in LaLa Land, I'll go ahead and accept that explanation.

I was an instructional aid in the Lynwood School District here in California for several months; it was heartbreaking. I suspect the schools in DC are about the same as they were in Lynwood in the 80s.

I don't know a thing about this program, and for all I know they're crankin' out future Communists. (Joking, I'm joking!)

But I was taught to help the poor, regardless of their political affiliation, so I made a donation, and I'd like to share the link for your consideration.

http://www.washingtonscholarshipfund.org/donate.html

No comments:

Post a Comment