Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Polish horror

Not sure why this has shaken me so much; I am not Polish, and while any decent person would be saddened to hear of it, I keep tearing up all day thinking about it.

I think part of it is because I can so clearly remember the Lech Walesa days, and how hard they fought to throw off communism; I was still a teenager then, but old enough to start being interested in politics, and to realize what was going on outside my own little world.

The Poles seemed so feisty and defiant, had such a longing for freedom, and refused to knuckle down before the Soviets! I have never forgotten that, and have had a soft spot in my heart for the country ever since. My in laws are largely Polish, and I can tell you they most certainly know how to have a good time. My MIL and FIL are in their 80s, and they go polka dancing several times a week. (Honesty compels me to admit that my MIL is actually French Canadian, not Polish; French Canadians are no slouches in the partying department either.)

Anyway, someone at Hillbuzz posted the Polish Embassy phone number, and I gave them a call. I got a most gracious lady, who seemed genuinely touched by all the calls they are receiving. We both choked up a little.

So here's the number; I think they would love to hear from you! I pressed 8 for the Ambassador's extension:

(202) 234 3800


It sickened me when Obambi took away that Defense Shield to suck up to the Russians, though I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time. Poland lost an even bigger shield yesterday...their President was everything I wish ours was; a staunch supporter of freedom, a believer in independence, and a man who loved America.

God bless Poland now, and especially til we get rid of the Marxist-in-Chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment