Monday, May 24, 2010

There is no good outcome for a war with the North Koreans

I admit that when word got out that Obama has told the military to get ready for something, I snorted.

I figured he'd give them a sternly worded letter and a harsh finger shaking.

But a dear friend has told me that she has heard from many of her family in South Korea that things are ugly; if it is so ugly that Obambi feels the need to bestir himself, I suspect it's very ugly, indeed, unless he's just looking to boost his military cred after disarming the troops in Afghanistan. (No longer allowed to have rounds in their chambers on patrol, thankyouverymuch you gutless motherfucking bastard.)


The North Korean army is a million plus strong. The North Koreans do not have enough food to feed all their civilians anyway, so I'm sure they'd be happy to arm them with axes and place them in front of the military as an opening wave.

All of my Korean friends here have relatives in North Korea; some have grandparents there they've never seen before.

If we do anything, I think it's gonna have to be big and ugly. All war should be conducted big and ugly, in my opinion, but this one even more so.

Hopefully the Chinese will lean on 'em, and it won't come to anything.

Indulge me in some sentimental melodrama here....this is one of my favorite songs, and I think one of the most beautiful folk songs in the world.



Chook boke hamnida.

2 comments:

  1. I assume you didn't hear that in Possum Holler?

    Miss Tammy's Other Cosuin Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, ma'am, and not in Skeeterville, neither!

    I first heard it when I quit my pre-school teaching job at the ESL school...the Korean mothers sang it to me at my going-away party.

    Isn't it pretty???

    Has Ryan had her baby yet???

    ReplyDelete